The Small Group California Bar Review Course
Personal Bar Prep is the small group California bar review course offering a uniquely personal approach to bar preparation. We’ve been preparing people to pass the California bar exam since 1995.
At Personal Bar Prep, we believe that learning happens when students directly interact with the material. The “big box” California bar review courses put students in front of lectures for weeks on end and the research on test preparation just doesn’t support this method. When you’re preparing to take the toughest bar exam in the country, you want to study smart because there’s a lot of complex material to cover in a short period of time. You want a tested approach to your bar review that makes sense.
Ask yourself: Where is your mind during the average lecture? How engaged are you? How about during hour four…or five…on day three of the week…then day four? And on and on it goes.
There’s another way. A better way. Practicing. Working hard, engaging directly with the bar exam essays, the MBEs, the performance tests…and then talking about your answers with others. Getting meaningful feedback. Having your questions answered. Because you will definitely have questions. If you’re a bar exam repeat taker, you know that.
Personal Bar Prep’s bar review course is comprehensive and provides:
- Live, interactive lectures that focus on just what you need to pass the bar exam–nothing more
- Twice a week small group meetings with experienced California bar exam tutor Jay Chavkin, during which you’ll discuss bar exam essays in a structured, supportive learning environment
- Our comprehensive 4-day MBE workshop
- All necessary books and materials
- Directed personal feedback on all the bar essays you’ll write for the course
- Performance test workshops
- Practice exams with personal feedback–not just a score
- A schedule to guide your study on all aspects of the exam
- Unlimited access to your instructor, Jay Chavkin–email him or call him with questions and he will get back to you as soon as possible
If you know you need more–more face time with an instructor, more practice, more feedback, more of your questions answered, a more supportive learning environment–you’ve come to the right place. Personal Bar Prep has provided all of this to students preparing for the California bar exam for the past 25 years; helping students reach their goal by passing the exam is our passion and we can help you, too.
We’re different from other bar review courses. And we will make your passing the California bar exam OUR priority.