The live, small group California bar exam
review course that works.
The Small Group California Bar Review Course...we're different
Personal Bar Prep is not like any other bar review course you’re going to find. We don’t rely on bells and whistles to make up for interaction with an actual person. We actually teach.
- Our small group California bar review course that centers on twice-weekly intensive, interactive essay writing workshops, conducted online using Zoom. During these sessions, you’ll work closely with your instructor, experienced bar exam tutor Jay Chavkin, in a small group setting going over essay and learning strategies in a structured, supportive learning environment.
- You’ll attend 7 weekend MBE workshops, each one an interactive Zoom session. Jay will go over MBE homework you’ve been assigned, discussing why the right answers are correct and wrong answers are incorrect. These sessions will address all the best practices for answering MBE questions.
- You’ll also attend live online lectures focused on just what you need to know for the bar exam. These are condensed lectures, filled with real-life examples, and our students are always welcome to ask questions.
- Two performance test workshops will thoroughly prepare you to conquer this portion of the exam.
- During the course, you’ll write lots of practice essays and exams that regularly receive grades and plenty of thoughtful feedback from our graders.
- Perhaps best of all, you can call, text or email your instructor at any time with questions or just to get some words of support. We keep our enrollment low so we get to know all of our students. You’ll never find yourself alone as you face this challenge.
- Finally, we provide everything you’ll need to learn the law, prepare for the exam and practice. All books, outlines, MBE questions for practice, a set of physical flashcards, a detailed schedule to guide your study, unlimited graded essays—it’s all included.
Nothing is left to chance. Everything is student-centered and relies on proven teaching and learning practices. Personal Bar Prep has been preparing students to pass the California bar for 25 years and we can help you, too.
We've Helped Students Reach Their Goal For 25 Years
Passing the bar exam isn't easy. No great achievement is.
Every bar exam, I'm excited to see my students overcome obstacles of all kinds and walk into the exam with confidence.
Nothing is more thrilling than the calls on the night of bar exam results from my students excited that they passed, some of them after multiple attempts before.
I love telling my students that they are a statistic of one. Ignore the rest. You can do this.
Our Learning-By-Doing Approach Works
Personal Bar Prep focuses on practice and feedback. You will write bar essays and answer MBE questions weekly for homework then discuss your work in workshops with your instructor. Practice essays you turn in will be returned quickly with thoughtful feedback.
Lectures on all bar exam subjects will be given each weekend. These will cover only what you need to know for the bar exam. And unlike computer-based courses, you’ll be able to ask questions and directly engage with the material.
Don't Just Take Our Word For It...
Some Common Questions...
You may start our course for the February 2021 exam immediately. Our course runs for 6 weeks.
Students who enroll after results are released on January 8 will not miss any portion of our course—this is a complete course, not a condensed or late-start course.
We are also enrolling students for the July 2021 bar review course and students who enroll in this session can begin working with us as soon as today. Call for details.
All necessary materials are sent to you by mail when you enroll and pay your deposit. You receive a small group workbook, essay book, complete and concise outline book and a set of MBE & California subject flashcards.
We give our students a detailed study schedule that guides them through their essay writing assignments, MBE questions and practice performance tests. It has built-in flexibility that allows for work, family and personal health differences.
Absolutely. We work with many students who work full-time and they’re successful. We do all we can to provide flexibility by offering lectures on weekends and small group workshop sessions at night. While practice is the key to success, we help students prioritize their tasks so those with limited time can maximize those precious hours.
Yes, our business actually began as a private tutoring service and quickly developed into a small group centered bar review course. Jay Chavkin has been a bar exam tutor since 1995 working with students in intensive online sessions. He also offers private tutoring sessions to students enrolled in the bar review course who want extra attention at a discounted rate. Click here for more information.
We offer a payment plan that breaks your tuition into three payments after your deposit. We also take payment by all credit cards, Venmo, Zelle and PayPal. We offer group discounts and a discount for members of the military and veterans. Please inquire for details.
We are the original personal small group bar review course.
We've helped 1000's of students pass the California bar exam
and we can help you, too.
Because our bar prep course is small, space is limited. Don’t delay.
Contact us today so we can talk about your specific challenges and how we can get you on track towards realizing your dreams.